Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Changes ahead...




Well, news updates from New England include a few things such as:
Hurricane Arthur, the first of the 2014 Tropical storms, decided to roar (literally) up the Atlantic coastline while visiting North Carolina, New Jersey, southeastern Massachusetts (just ask New Bedford their thoughts on this event), Cape Cod, and northward.  Our family was in Wellfleet, our favorite town on the Cape, for this event. The biggest challenge for us was walking Patch and Joy in the rain, which is something that we don't usually do (thanks to a fenced-in dog run).  Like good Connecticut people, we were prepared with bread and milk, candles, flashlights, extra water and games to keep us busy. Lots of rain...wind...thunder...SAND (our cottage is near the beach) and, in 24 hours, it was over. God was good, and I was able to tick off another item from my "bucket list," namely to experience a hurricane on the Cape.

Additional news from New England is that there
are a few changes that our students will find when they return to the Academy to start the 2014-15 year. The most important one is that there will be a new, but familiar face, in the Principal's Office this year.
Mother Mary David, an alumna of the Academy, is now serving as Principal of our beloved school.  As Mother Marie Julie stated in her letter, Mother David brings a great deal of experience with her.  Perhaps most importantly, she has such a strong commitment to the Academy and what it stands for.  Mother understands its traditions as well as the importance of looking ahead to keep AHF on the cutting edge of education.  The Academy community is so blessed to have Mother David's hand guiding them.

As for me (and Joy), I will take so many wonderful memories of this past year with me.  For those, and much more, I am very grateful.  When we got home from vacation, Joy and I got back to school, but now I'm sitting in a student desk and Joy is right next to me.  I will help out AHF where I can, but I'm back in research mode while Joy works on her own type of doctoral work.  

I remain convinced that the Academy of the Holy Family is a precious resource for young women around the world and I hope that you will continue to help spread the good news about what AHF has to offer.  I will miss my girls very much, and will keep them and their families in my prayers.  I hope that you will do the same for Joy and me.  
Pax et bonum (peace and all good),
Mrs. T

No comments:

Post a Comment